Bisquick Gluten Free Margherita Pizza, low FODMAP friendly
- ½ ounce fresh basil
- ½ ounce fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ounce fresh chives
- 2 TBs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TB olive oil
other topping ingredients
- 1 Roma tomato
- shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste / or use fresh mozzarella slices
crust (recipe found on side of box)
- 1 + 1/3 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- ½ to 2 tsps Italian seasoning, or dried basil, or other dried herbs
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Prepare ‘pesto’ by de-stemming and coarsely hand shredding basil and spinach leaves, then placing them into the bowl of a food processor. Coarsely chop chives and add them to the basil and spinach. Pulse briefly. Add Parmesan cheese, pulse again. Add olive oil and pulse to reach desired consistency. (Yields about 6 TBs)
- Halve slice and dice tomato.
- Heat oven to 425 F. Line pans with parchment paper. The box suggests a 12 inch pizza pan. I used 2 large metal (8.5 inch bottom) pie pans and 2 small (4 inch bottom) mini pie pans. [I was happiest was the result of the crust baked in mini pans.]
- Stir dry mix with dried herbs. Add liquids and keep stirring until well combined. Spread crusts in prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Crusts may appear cracked.
- Spread ‘pesto’ over hot crusts, arrange tomato pieces, and top with cheese, then return pans to oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Half baked and Topped